In case you are wondering why this testing is taking place, its to ensure there are no tyre issues as there were in Australia last year.
Bridgestone has brought two 2013 specification rear tyres and six new experimental tyres with changes to construction, compound and shape. However not all riders are testing the same tyres on the same days.
Bridgestone explained it’s initial day two plan as follows: “Mid-length (15 lap) runs in the morning and possibly race simulations (27 lap) in the afternoon. Test tyres [rather than the 2013 event tyres] only today.”
Times as follows:
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 29.133s [42 laps / 335.4km/h top speed]
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 29.381s | +0.248s [58 / 332.3]
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici) 1m 29.387s | +0.254s [53 / 342.9]
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 29.516s | +0.383s [75 / 340.7]
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR Ducati Team (Desmosedici) 1m 29.660s | +0.527s [59 / 337.5]
6. Esteve Rabat ESP Marc VDS Racing (Kalex) 1m 32.168s | +3.035s [101 / 282]
7. Mika Kallio FIN Marc VDS Racing (Kalex) 1m 32.698s | +3.565s [79 / 282.7]
8. Nico Terol ESP Mapfre Aspar Team (Suter) 1m 33.014s | +3.881s [62 / 282.7]
9. Jordi Torres ESP Mapfre Aspar Team (Suter) 1m 33.160s | +4.027s [65 / 277.6]